How to Maximise Security for Privilege Remote Access
Did you know that on average, organisations have 182 vendors logging in to their systems every week?
With so many third-party access points, it’s unsurprising that the majority of these organisations have reported that they have suffered breaches due to vendor access!
What Exactly About Privileged Remote Access is Causing these Breaches?
Today, more workers require remote access than ever before, access which is traditionally provided through the use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN). While VPNs have their use cases, they can be highly risky when extended for others and leave your attack surface wide open.
With remote working only becoming more popular and statistically resulting in huge productivity increases, enabling remote access for employees and vendors is critical to maintaining this productivity and, in many cases, a better work-life balance. What’s scary about that? Well, your organisation likely relies on workers and vendors having access to critical systems, applications, and network resources and this requires secure remote access.
How To Secure Privileged Remote Access
Let’s start with some easy questions to answer.
- Does your team have the right set of secure access tools in place to handle all the workers and vendors connecting remotely into your network?
- Do you know exactly who is accessing your network, what they are doing when connected, and for how long?
- Do you protect credentials used for remote access by employees and vendors?
- Do you have one single path for approvals when employees or vendors request remote access?
- Can you enable granular access?
- Are you able to capture detailed session data for all remote access sessions, in order to review in real time or later on?
Could you answer ‘yes’ to all of these questions?
If you couldn’t and if you are unsure what your vendors are doing across your IT network, then it may be time to re-evaluate the systems you’re using and find an alternative service to manage vendor access.
CyberIAM works with trusted Privileged Access Management vendor partner, BeyondTrust, to provide Privileged Remote Access, which offers unmatched visibility and control over vendor and internal remote access, while providing a rapid time-to-value.
Fill in the form below or use our live chat function in the corner of your screen to control, monitor and managed your privileged user’s access to critical systems, today.